tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Harish Krishnaswamy <hkrishnasw...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Components with style
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:50:36 GMT
I think that would be against the design intent of CSS. CSS is designed so that the author
can
provide a style for a page and the user can override it if he/she wishes to do so. Moreover
managing
a single stylesheet would soon become out of control if all pages use a lot of CSS like mine.

Without style, I think, the component would not be complete as it cannot render appropriately.
What
we need is a way to let the pages override the style provided by the component like Howard
suggests
and I think CSS takes care of that part. We just have to take care that the order of the CSS
links
is appropriate.

-Harish