tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Harish Krishnaswamy <hkrishnasw...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: some notes
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2003 15:20:49 GMT
+1

-Harish

Mindbridge wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just want to make a few suggestions:
>
> 1. New beta
> Since the last beta there have been a lot of bugs fixed (around 30), there are build
process updates, there is updated documentation. Perhaps it makes sense to have another beta
soon, say end of the coming week?

pretty good work on this here: http://dorffweb.com/index.htm?page=taptutorial
> Perhaps it makes sense to include his work (with his blessing of course and appropriate
licensing) into the Tapestry distribution instead of the old tutorial? What do you guys think?

> 3. Some minor Table changes
> The Table component allows for a lot of things, but it is not that easy to use, unfortunately.
I would like to make some very minor changes that will allow it to behave very much like the
Foreach component. E.g. displaying all locales in a web page would look something like this:

ISO3Language, ISO3Country, Language:displayLanguage, Country:displayCountry, Variant:displayVariant"/>

> This only requires adding a simple wrap -- the functionality is all there. Together with
the column proposed by Erik, this will likely decrease significantly the problems people are
having.