tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From hls...@comcast.net
Subject [wiki] policy proposals (fwd)
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 18:11:05 GMT
>From what I can tell, a Tapestry wiki space, using moin moin (my favorite Wiki) is prettymuch
free for the asking.  Actually, they discussed that a PMC could request Wiki space, but I
suspect if we vote to request a wiki space, we'll get one.

Moin moin is a much better wiki than the PHP Wiki that currently exists at SF.net. It is much
better performant, has better syntax, and supports easy file uploads (as both inline images
and attachements).  I've used it succesfully at WebCT for well over a year.

Of course, we would "lose" the content of the SF.net wiki ... it would be necessary to manually
move pages from one to the other, updating the content to match the moin moin syntax. I can
live with that (my frustration with the PHP wiki has meant that I've added very little to
it in the last several months).
----------------------  Forwarded Message:  ---------------------
From:    Leo Simons <leosimons@apache.org>
To:      Apache Infrastructure <infrastructure@apache.org>
Subject: [wiki] policy proposals
Date:    Fri, 05 Dec 2003 17:42:29 +0100

Hi gang,

there are a few things left I believe the infrastructure
team should sign-off on or at least be aware of:

 * the infrastructure team will assume oversight
   responsibility for the oversight of
   wiki.apache.org/general.

   Makes most sense to me; after all, infrastructure are
   already in charge of the oversight on the main website(s).

   this 'general' wiki is at the moment empty and intended
   to remain mostly empty. It needs to exist basically to
   have somewhere to direct wiki.apache.org at.

   An alternative would be a seperate "president's committee"
   of some kind, or no 'general' wiki but instead some
   static pages that live in CVS. Disadvantage of that is
   the maintainance inconsistency.

 * Wikis at a more granular level (ie, wiki.apache.org/geronimo)
   are not a problem, as long as PMCs request it, the oversight
   responsibility is clear, and all this happens in good
   coordination with the infrastructure team

(I assume lazy consensus can apply, by-the-way :D).

I would also like to know if there's anything in particular
people would like to see done that is not yet mentioned in
the wiki STATUS file (I plan to get most i's dotted and t's
crossed this weekend).

enjoy sinterklaasavond!

- LSD