tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Vince Marco <vma...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Components with style
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2003 17:01:43 GMT
I've found that the following CSS stylesheet organization works well:
	organization.css

       project.css

     application.css

         page.css (frequently not used)

This is twice as many as you suggest, but unused stylesheets generally
go unchanged and for the most part remain invisible to the project
efforts.  As projects proliferate this type of approach can provide
much value.  I think the key to this type of org structure is to
automatically pull in the application level and up stylesheets, and let
the page level be optional (perhaps in the page spec).

But then again, I've had no problems in the past managing these
stylesheets myself within the components.  Just be careful that
whatever CSS organization you end up doing doesn't prevent me from
doing my own CSS organization.

Vince