tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard Lewis-Shell" <rlewissh...@mac.com>
Subject Re: TestPropertySpecification.xml is also failing (with JDK 1.3)
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 21:06:07 GMT
> This is interesting, since the unit tests work (sans the one that was
> modified) work for me ok with JDK 1.3.1 :)

Hmm, exactly which 1.3 JDK version are you using that sees all the tests
pass?

I have now grabbed the latest 1.3.1 (_09), which gives me different results
for the two tests in question:
Sun's 1.3.1_09 JDK: testCreateFailure() passes,
TestPropertySpecification.xml fails
IBM's 1.3.1 JDK: testCreateFailure() fails, TestPropertySpecification.xml
passes

Arrgggghhhhh.

If I modify Eight.page's property to be named "enhancedProperty", I can get
TestPropertySpecification to pass with both.

So that will just leave testCreateFailure() failing with IBM's 1.3.1 JDK.

> That said, I think your point is quite correct -- the aim of the test does
> appear to be testing for (2) rather than (1). Perhaps it does need to be
> modified?

org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.matchSubstring(MockTester.java:659
> > )
> >  at

org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeOutputAssertions(MockTester