tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Mindbridge" <mindbridge...@yahoo.com>
Subject some notes
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2003 10:20:27 GMT
Hi,

Just want to make a few suggestions:

1. New beta
Since the last beta there have been a lot of bugs fixed (around 30), there are build process
updates, there is updated documentation. Perhaps it makes sense to have another beta soon,
say end of the coming week?

2. Tutorial 3.0
Earlier we talked about updating the tutorial to 3.0. Kevin Dorff seems to have done pretty
good work on this here: http://dorffweb.com/index.htm?page=taptutorial
Perhaps it makes sense to include his work (with his blessing of course and appropriate licensing)
into the Tapestry distribution instead of the old tutorial? What do you guys think?

3. Some minor Table changes
The Table component allows for a lot of things, but it is not that easy to use, unfortunately.
I would like to make some very minor changes that will allow it to behave very much like the
Foreach component. E.g. displaying all locales in a web page would look something like this:

ISO3Language, ISO3Country, Language:displayLanguage, Country:displayCountry, Variant:displayVariant"/>

This only requires adding a simple wrap -- the functionality is all there. Together with the
column proposed by Erik, this will likely decrease significantly the problems people are having.