tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard Lewis-Shell" <rlewissh...@mac.com>
Subject Why so many synthetic properties?
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:01:36 GMT
The question I asked earlier about why AbstractFormComponent was changed to
use a synthetic form property makes me wonder about this in general - why
does Tapestry 3 use so many synthetic properties?

Is it just a matter of eating our own dog food? ie. "because we can".

It seems to me that the framework itself would be better off if it didn't
require any runtime enhancing.  Are there cases where the runtime enhancing
provides some functional benefit and is actually _needed_?