tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Mindbridge" <mindbridge...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: some notes
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 20:05:36 GMT
Hi,

> > 2. Tutorial 3.0

> +0

> I'm sure it's good work but I haven't looked at it yet.

Please have a quick look if you get a chance -- Kevin has done great work
converting the existing tutoral from 2.x to 3.0. It is essentially based on
your previous work and covers a major gap in the current distrib, I think.

If the tutorial is okay, we need to contact him and get his okay to put it
in the Tapestry distrib...

> > 3. Some minor Table changes

> What's the backwards compatibility story here?

There are no modifications to the existing parameters -- all current code
should work exactly as before.
My intention is just to add a couple of new parameters that should make
using the component as easy as using Foreach or ListEdit and I have used
those components for guidance in terms of syntax and behaviour.

In terms of implementation, the only non-super-trivial thing is parsing the
'columns' parameter. Everything else is just wrappers for the existing
functionality -- simple and straight-forward.