tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Geoff Longman" <glong...@intelligentworks.com>
Subject Re: some notes
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2003 14:48:00 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mindbridge" <mindbridgeweb@yahoo.com>
To: "Tapestry development" <tapestry-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2003 5:20 AM
Subject: some notes

Just want to make a few suggestions:

1. New beta
Since the last beta there have been a lot of bugs fixed (around 30), there
are build process updates, there is updated documentation. Perhaps it makes
sense to have another beta soon, say end of the coming week?

2. Tutorial 3.0
Earlier we talked about updating the tutorial to 3.0. Kevin Dorff seems to
have done pretty good work on this here:
Perhaps it makes sense to include his work (with his blessing of course and
appropriate licensing) into the Tapestry distribution instead of the old
tutorial? What do you guys think?

3. Some minor Table changes
The Table component allows for a lot of things, but it is not that easy to
use, unfortunately. I would like to make some very minor changes that will
allow it to behave very much like the Foreach component. E.g. displaying all
locales in a web page would look something like this:

source="ognl:@java.util.Locale@availableLocales" columns="locale:toString(),
ISO3Language, ISO3Country, Language:displayLanguage, Country:displayCountry,

This only requires adding a simple wrap -- the functionality is all there.
Together with the column proposed by Erik, this will likely decrease
significantly the problems people are having.