tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Geoff Longman" <glong...@intelligentworks.com>
Subject Re: [wiki] policy proposals (fwd)
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2003 14:47:53 GMT
+1

Geoff
----- Original Message -----
From: <hlship@comcast.net>
To: "Tapestry-Dev" <tapestry-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 1:11 PM
Subject: [wiki] policy proposals (fwd)

> From what I can tell, a Tapestry wiki space, using moin moin (my favorite
Wiki) is prettymuch free for the asking.  Actually, they discussed that a
PMC could request Wiki space, but I suspect if we vote to request a wiki
space, we'll get one.

> Moin moin is a much better wiki than the PHP Wiki that currently exists at
SF.net. It is much better performant, has better syntax, and supports easy
file uploads (as both inline images and attachements).  I've used it
succesfully at WebCT for well over a year.

> Of course, we would "lose" the content of the SF.net wiki ... it would be
necessary to manually move pages from one to the other, updating the content
to match the moin moin syntax. I can live with that (my frustration with the
PHP wiki has meant that I've added very little to it in the last several
months).