tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard Lewis-Shell" <rlewissh...@mac.com>
Subject TestPropertySpecification.xml is also failing (with JDK 1.3)
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 09:48:58 GMT
OK - the other failing test is c9.Eight.  For my poor old antiquated JDK it
gives the following

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Request #12/Message: Response does not
contain string 'Method 'public abstract long
org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.c9.Eight.getEnhancedProperty()' (declared in
class org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.c9.Eight) has no implementation in
class org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.c9.Eight (or enhanced subclass
org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.c9.Eight$'.
 at
org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.matchSubstring(MockTester.java:659
)
 at
org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeOutputAssertions(MockTester
.java:558)

The test script is expecting an exception for the getter, but under JDK 1.3
Tapestry is actually failing with the setter.  Seems the test has two
problems:
1) the name of the property does not match the name of the getter/setter
("enhancedProperty" vs "enhanced")
2) the setter returns long instead of void.

I think the first is a mistake - though please correct me if I'm wrong.  The
second appears to be the error that is actually being tested for (based on
the comment accompanying the setter in Eight.java).  Actually, it could be
both are deliberate but in that case I don't think both could be tested.  So
my best guess at this failure is that the order that abstract methods are
checked has changed between 1.3 and 1.4.

Any other suggestions?

If not, I will rename the property in the page file to match the abstract
get/set method.  This leaves the test failing on the set method for 1.3, but
I don't know how 1.4 will react - I suspect that 1.4 will still fail on the
get method, so in all liklihood removing the get method from Eight.java will
be the safest way to guarantee the order the methods are checked.  If this
defeats the point of the test, let me know.