tajo-user mailing list archives

From "Christian Schwabe" <Christian.Schw...@gmx.com>
Subject Tajo History, Technical Background
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 16:28:02 GMT
Hello everyone,

For about three months now I am dealing with Tajo. Here, I received an insight into the documentation
especially now know how to start with Tajo, which error it can be committed, have made ​​me
an overview of the Jira tickets and read existing documentation.

   I'm fascinated by how fast this community has grown and how far you're come previously
and caused the potential Tajo.
What I would like to employ me now closer is the historical and technical view of Tajo.
That means I ask myself questions like: How did you come to the name of Tajo? When was indeed
set the first milestone? Everywhere I read the year 2013. But is this actually the first time
at which the first time was thought about Tajo? Who is the initiator of this project?
Above all technical processes would be interested in me and certainly other very much. Apart
from a few presentations on tajo.apache.org >> News there is little documentation, or
I have not found it yet.
In addition to the Jira tickets and documentation (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TAJO/Apache+TAJO+Home,
http://tajo.apache.org/docs/0.8.0/index.html ) I have the impression that her somewhat neglected
transparency in addition to the rapid technological developments. This is only my own personal
opinion and does not criticize any individual.
I appreciate your work very much and can understand as Computer Science with Business what
it means for a development work.

Can you give me more information on the points mentioned above?

P.S.: I hope I was not misunderstood. I want to look more behind the scenes of Tajo and learn
to understand the technical background and the birth and historical development of Tajo.

Best regards,
Chris