tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Dongjin Lee <dong...@apache.org>
Subject Questions on Tajo
Date Sat, 28 May 2016 13:26:44 GMT
Hello. I am just diving into the world of Apache Tajo. Doing so, I have
some questions that may be silly. Is there anyone who can give me some
answers?

1. Is there any way to unset the table property?

I made a typo when I was setting a table property. Although I could set the
property rightly, an ugly useless property value is remaining on the table.
Can I remove this property? It has any effect on operation, but it may be a
problem when ran on enterprise environment, which is taking over and
maintenance.

If this feature is not implemented yet and needed to other people, I hope
to create a Jira issue and implement this feature.

2. Can I change the location of the storage?

It seems like Tajo is aiming to support various storage types, from HDFS to
MongoDB. But I cannot find any way to change the storage location of Tajo
table, except destroying & recreating the table. Is there any way to change
the storage location? If there isn't, I hope to implement it with storage
type change feature. (I think this feature is related to TAJO-1051
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAJO-1051>.)

3. You still can create CSV based table on ver 0.11.x.

This problem is (at least, a little bit) related to the question 1. It
seems like CSV file type was deprecated from version 0.11. However, you can
still create the table with "... using csv with ('csvfile.delimiter'=',')"
phrase. Is this intended operation?

Thanks in advance. I am looking forward to your answers.

Regards,
Dongjin