tajo-dev mailing list archives

From JaeHwa Jung <jhj...@gruter.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC2016] TAJO-2079 (Add MongoDB to Tajo Storage) proposal
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 07:46:52 GMT
Hi Janaka,

Thanks for your interest!

First thing to get familiar with development process is to find issues for
newbie on JIRA [0]. Another approach would be to find something that you
can improve, or modify by yourself. For example, you might find broken
formatting and typos in the documentation you read.

It is not normal to attach files in Apache mailing list, so if you could
let me know your username on a wiki [1]. I’ll be glad to grant you edit
rights, so you could post your proposal draft there [2]. And if you
implement prototype codes, it looks much better for your proposal.

The link [3] below includes some examples and docs from ASF on the proposal
as well, so please make sure that you read it. Please also feel free to
post it here to get the feedback from the community, and I’ll be happy to
further assist you with it.

Regards,

Jaehwa

0. http://bit.ly/1TKsrjh

1. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TAJO/Apache+TAJO+Home

2. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TAJO/GSoC+2016

3. https://community.apache.org/gsoc.html

> Hi developers,
> I am a Computer Science and Engineering undergraduate at University of
> Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I am really interested in Distributed Computing and  I
> have a quite good experience in NoSQL databases.
>
> I have started working on a proposal for the project idea *Add MongoDB to
> Tajo Storage*.
>
> Before going to the proposal, to get familiar with the development process
> I checked the GitHub repository, to find some issues/bugs so I can go ahead
> and give a try to fix them. I couldn't find any issue page in GitHub.
>
> So should I clone the repository and start implementing the relevant
> component(tajo-storage-mongodb)? Then I can show you somewhat completed
> project at the proposal deadline.
>
> Can you guys please tell me how should I start working on the proposal?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> --
> *Janaka Chathuranga Thilakarathna*
> Undergraduate at Computer Science and Engineering Department,
> UNIVERSITY OF Moratuwa, Sri Lanka*.*
>
> mobile :(+94)* 713315725 **| *email :  *janaka.13@cse.mrt.ac.lk*
> <janaka.13@cse.mrt.ac.lk>*, bjchathuranga@gmail.com
> <bjchathuranga@gmail.com>*
> skype  : *janaka.chathurangat* |  website : janakact.wordpress.com
>
> my public profiles :  [image: Facebook]
> <http://www.facebook.com/bjchathuranga> [image: LinkedIn]
> <http://lk.linkedin.com/pub/janaka-chathuranga-thilakarathna/78/2a8/807/>

*Jaehwa Jung. *
Senior Engineer of Tajo Development Team
Contact : jhjung@gruter.com  <jhjung@gruter.com>
Mobile : +82 10 8441 9764