tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Hyunsik Choi <hyun...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSSION] Portable remote client APIs
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 08:32:47 GMT
Hi folks,

Recently, there are three trials to add new remote client APIs.

* C/C++ Client over Thrift - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAJO-1264
* Add REST Client API - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAJO-1331
* Tajo Python Native Client - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAJO-1367

In some aspect, I'm very happy to discuss such an issue. I haven't
expected that we are discuss and vote for duplicated efforts.

BTW, it would be great if we do not spend our resource on duplicated works.

In order to rearrange this duplicated works, we need some discussion
about their pros and cons. I hope that we consent our direction after
this discussion. Otherwise, we can call for a vote for the approach.

Best regards,
Hyunsik