tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Hyunsik Choi <hyun...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Hi-Speed Tajo: Fastest Hadoop DW
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2015 00:20:33 GMT
> When we release Tajo 0.11, I believe that Tajo passes TPC-DS 99 queries (up to now 26
queries) and Tajo speed becomes more faster. It depends on our coding speed. :-)

I heard that they are 26 unmodified queries. If so, it's very impressive.

Please refer to this paper work. According to this paper, impala can
covers about 30, Hive can cover 19, and Presto can only cover 12
original queries.

http://blog.pivotal.io/pivotal/products/pivotal-hawq-benchmark-demonstrates-up-to-21x-faster-performance-on-hadoop-queries-than-sql-like-solutions

It's reality. Of course, we will try to improve Tajo to cover more
TPC-DS benchmarks. I really want too. But, I'm not sure if 0.11.0
release can cover all unmodified TPC-DS queries. If we have full
coverage of TPC-DS as a release condition, the release will be very
delayed.

Best regards,
Hyunsik