tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Hyunsik Choi <hyun...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSSION] Beyond 0.10.0 release
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 11:13:57 GMT
Hi folks,

In order to share milestones with you guys and concentrate our effort
on the next release, we need to discuss the next roadmap.
Particularly, I'd like to share our direction with new contributors
due to the growing number of contributors.

As far as I know, the following major issues seem to be resolved in time.

* Nested complex type (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAJO-721)
* in subquery (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAJO-680)
* Resource allocation should be fine grained (TAJO-1397)
* ALTER TABLE ADD/DROP PARTITION statement (TAJO-744)
* Python UDF (TAJO-1344)

The above issues probably can be included in 0.11 release. If there
are missed issues, please let me know them.

Besides, the following feature issues may be on our roadmap:

* Multi-tenancy query scheduler (TAJO-540)
* More SQL features (scalar subquery, ...)
  * Decimal type support
  * Scalar subquery
* OLAP features (rollup, drill down, cube, ..)
* More rewrite rules (lots of issues like Unnesting of Nested Subqueries, ...)
* Make storage handler more pluggable
* Better failure handling of tasks and nodes (TAJO-1214)
* CREATE FUNCTION statement support
* CREATE TYPE statement support
* ....

Most of them are not assigned as far as I know. In addition, there are
many performance issues. I'll describe them later.

Anyway, I would be pleasure if we task about what issues you are
considering for 0.11 release or after that. I'm looking forward to
hearing you guys' feedback.

Best regards,
Hyunsik