tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Dongjoon Hyun <dongj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Hi-Speed Tajo: Fastest Hadoop DW
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2015 08:20:07 GMT
Oh, that was an expression of my regret about my weak pull-requests. There
exists no offence. It's a duty. I hope you didn't waste your time much due
to my stupid learning cost.

After Hyunsik's direct advice, I have studied Tajo Jira more and understand
what you mean slightly more. Now I understand many speedup issues, e.g.
offheap-based scanner, zero-copy physical layer processing. For newbies
like me, we need more men like you.

For the TPC-DS, Tajo PMC doesn't make any committment in Roadmap already. I
respect the current roadmap. You need not worry about that. It's my
personal hope as I mentioned before in this mailing list. Here is more
recent another report about TPC-DS. (It's consistent with the report shared
by Hyunsik.)

https://developer.ibm.com/hadoop/blog/2014/12/02/big-sql-3-0-hadoop-ds-benchmark-performance-isnt-everything/

Thank you all.

Warmly,