tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Dongjoon Hyun <dongj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal draft for supporting official Tajo docker images.
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 05:44:58 GMT
Thank you. Now I understand your point clearly.

By the way, I think we need it for two reasons.

First, It's for basic users who will not make a docker image.
Making docker images is easy, but Using pre-built images is really easy.
(That's my points)
Even on Windows, users can run Tajo cluster.

Second, it's for other advanced users.
Making docker image process started from importing another docker images.
In my case, I started from OS images.
If Tajo community provides official Tajo images, many users will start from
our Tajo docker images instead of OS.
It dramatically reduce their time and effort.

How do you think about the above two reasons?

Warmly,
Dongjoon.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Jaehwa Jung <blrunner@apache.org> wrote:

> I think there has been a misunderstanding.
>
> It was intended that we don’t need to maintain the docker image within our
> source tree.
>
> And I think we don’t need to announce docker support officially.
> Because anybody can provide their own docker image autonomously and it will
> make a wide range of Tajo ecosystem.

> > No problem!
> >
> > Then, could you make an official Tajo git repository 'contrib', then? I
> > will make a pull request there.
> >
> > Thank you for your comment.
> >
> > Warmly,
> > Dongjoon.
> >
> > On Tuesday, March 24, 2015, Jaehwa Jung <blrunner@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Dongjoon
> > >
> > > Thanks for your contribution and it looks good.
> > >
> > > But I suggest to maintain it within another repository like
> > emrboot-strap.
> > > Hadoop and Hadoop ecosystem, such as, Hive don't maintain their docker
> > > image within their source tree. It would be good to maintain within
> > docker
> > > repository or others.
> > >
> > > Best Regards
> > > Jaehwa