tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Dongjoon Hyun <dongj...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSSION] Hi-Speed Tajo: Fastest Hadoop DW
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2015 16:33:00 GMT
Hi, all.

I have a question in these day.
*Can we improve Tajo performance further than now?*
Since Tajo is well architectured, each module can be improved
independently.
>From the SQL parser to the network part, there will be many candidates to
improve.

If you didn't try due to lack of time to implement, you can share your idea.
As a Tajo community member, please feel free to comment anything.
We can discuss and create more issues for that.

When we release Tajo 0.11, I believe that Tajo passes TPC-DS 99 queries (up
to now 26 queries) and Tajo speed becomes more faster. It depends on our
coding speed. :-)

Best regards,
Dongjoon.

PS. FYI, 'The Only Hadoop RDBMS' is used for SpliceMachine. (based on
Apache Derby and HBase, http://www.splicemachine.com/ )