tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Dongjoon Hyun <dongj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Hi-Speed Tajo: Fastest Hadoop DW
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2015 23:38:52 GMT
Hyunsik, TPC-DS is not important. It's just a way to see Tajo Maturity as a
SQL engine. TPC-DS does not mean anything to TAJO roadmap.

More specifically, the importance is the same with TPC-H, however Tajo
handled TPC-H well now, doesn't it? So, we need just another testsuite to
see how Tajo handle SQL(including WITH/IN/EXISTS) clause well. I think you
agree that in TAJO-1410.

TPC defines
- TPC-H: TPC-H is an ad-hoc, decision support benchmark.
- TPC-DS: TPC Benchmark‚ĄĘDS (TPC-DS): The New Decision Support Benchmark
Standard

In these days, TPC-DS is replacing the ancient TPC-H from real site
customers.
The main reason is based on the lack of TPC-H. TPC-H became a basic level.

Could you tell me if you have some other testcases in mind, except TPC-DS?

Dongjoon.