tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Hyunsik Choi <hyun...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] We need to suppress a huge patch without any proposal or discussion.
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2014 05:18:08 GMT
Hi folks,

I happy to see that Tajo community is going well and is getting healthy.

For the sake of more healthy community and contribution, I propose
that we suppress a huge patch without any proposal and enough
discussion.

We sometimes can see huge patch contributions without any proposal and
discussion. Honestly, I did too. In such cases, it is very hard to
give any guidance about the direction because patches already proceed
too far from starting point. As a result, reviewers feel lots of
burden to give comments. Also, contributors also need to do
unnecessary works if reviews give comments.

In detail, we need to submit some detailed proposal if necessary.
Also, any guy need to ask some proposal if necessary. Actually, we
have done so far. But, we need to be eager to do so.

How do you think about it?

Best regards,
Hyunsik