tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Hyunsik Choi <hyunsik.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tajoCli history behavior
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 10:04:34 GMT
Hi Jaewoong,

First of all, welcome to Tajo community.

Yes, you are right. The behavior of tsql is somewhat different from
bash's history.
As you mentioned, tsql (i.e., TajoCli) recognizes multiple commands in
one line into multiple individual commands.
I totally agree with your suggestion. It would be better if tsql
provides the same user experience to bash.

As far as I know, bash and mysql use readline. But, Tajo uses
jline2 (https://github.com/jline/jline2), which is readline clone
implemented in Java.
So, you may need to dig into jline2. Since jline2 is well designed and
provides many interfaces to
allow users to customize the history behavior, your suggestion seems
to be possible.

Please feel free to create a jira issues for it.

Best regards,
Hyunsik