tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Hyunsik Choi <hyunsik.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FYI] Apache Slider app package for Tajo
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2014 10:10:46 GMT
Hi folks,

I updated the branch. I tested this Slider application for Tajo on Slider
0.60 and Hadoop 2.6.0 which will be released soon.

I'm going to briefly explain how to test my Slider work.

First of all, you need to prepare Tajo compatible with Hadoop 2.6.0. Hadoop
2.6.0 has some trivial API break change. As a result, we need to make
Tajo 0.9.1 compatible with Hadoop 2.6.0. Now, I recommend you to use some
Tajo branch made by Jaehwa. You can get the source code as follows:

git clone -b TAJO-1166 https://github.com/blrunner/tajo.git
tajo-0.9.1-SNAPSHOT

Then, you can build Tajo and make a Tajo tarball through maven as follows:

$ cd tajo-0.9.1-SNAPSHOT
$ mvn clean package -DskipTests -Dhadoop.version=2.6.0-SNAPSHOT -Pdist -Dtar
$ ls -l tajo-dist/target/tajo-0.9.1-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz

Next, you can download my Slider work as follows:
git clone -b tajo-slider https://github.com/hyunsik/incubator-slider

You can also make the Slider application package for Tajo in my working
source as follows:

$ cd incubator-slider
$ mvn package -DskipTests -Ptajo-app-package
-Dtajo-version=0.9.1-SNAPSHOT -Dpkg.version=0.9.1-SNAPSHOT
-Dpkg.name=tajo-0.9.1-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz
-Dpkg.src=/xxxx/tajo-0.9.1-SNAPSHOT/tajo-dist/target/

This Slider application just uses Tajo tarball distribution generated by
mvn.

Then, you can install the tajo app to Slider as follows:
bin/slider install-package --replacepkg --name tajo
--package ../incubator-slider/app-packages/tajo/target/slider-tajo-app-package-0.9.1-SNAPSHOT.zip

Finally, you can start a Tajo cluster named 'tajo1' as follows:
bin/slider create tajo1 --template tajoConfig.json --resources
resources.json

You can also get tajoConfig.json and resource.json that I used from
the below links:
* tajoConfig.json: https://gist.github.com/hyunsik/8f4ef0e097f7e9053065
* resource.json file: https://gist.github.com/hyunsik/7783318cdcf4d1eac89e

Warm regards,