tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Jaewoong Jung <jun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Timezone issues
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 06:56:08 GMT
Yeah, after some more research, I found that TImeDatum is a somewhat
ambiguous data type.

Its original purpose is to represent a time of a day, i.e. hh:mm:ss
part of an instant. So, it could be viewed as instant data though some
may argue it's incomplete to fully represent an instant. Anyway, given
that TimestampDatum has limitation in terms of the time range it can
represent, and given that Tajo doesn't have DateTime data type,
clients should be allowed to use it with a timezone.

I'll change the direction and try to address the issue by fixing the
underflow error.

Thanks for the input. :)