tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Jaewoong Jung <jun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Timezone issues
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2014 08:22:47 GMT
It turns out, TAJO-1191 is slightly more complicated than I thought.
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAJO-1191)

Basically, it's about whether TimeDatum may have a timezone tied with
it. I **believe** TimeDatum is originally designed to hold a time
period value, not an instant. (TimestampDatum seems to be the
canonical container for instants.) So, it doesn't make sense to apply
any timezones to TimeDatum values, but it's being done in a few
places. And, that's why the test is failing on my machines.

I'm going to try to fix it by removing all timezone-related references
around the class, but I want to check my assumption with you before I
proceed.

What do you think about it?