tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Jihoon Son <jihoon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Next roadmap after 0.9.0 release
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 02:11:33 GMT
Hi Hyunsik,
thanks for your mail.

On 0.9.1 release, if we had more discussion on our mailing list, it would
be better because our team members, (including who are not working with you
in offline) could concentrate on the issues which would be included in
0.9.1 release.
The above my mail was just a suggestion. Since anyone didn't reply to that,
I couldn't know others' opinion.
Anyway, you seem to agree with my suggestion except TAJO-982.
If you want to have a validation on that issue, we can reschedule it to
future releases.

On other issues, you might talk about our next major release.
Your suggestion is excellent.
It makes Tajo more valuable, and specifically for storage layer suggestion,
it gives Tajo a great potential!
But, I'd like to suggest that we need to resolve performance improvement
issues as well as practical usage issues and new features.
For example, TAJO-1130 (Concurrent execution of independent execution
blocks) will give us significant performance improvement by exploiting a
large degree of parallelism.
In addition, we can also consider the index feature which I'm working on.

Welcome any opinions.
Please feel free to give your opinion.

Sincerely,
Jihoon