tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Hyunsik Choi <hyun...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Hadoop 2.2.0 compatibility
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2014 07:26:48 GMT
Hi,

Some recent Hadoop API changes like HDFS-4953 provide nice new
features for I/O intensive processing. We need these features for
improving performances. But, the current Tajo supports Hadoop 2.2.0 or
its higher. Probably, it is hard to keep the compatibility against
2.2.0 and make good use of new features at the same time. This is
because there are many broken API changes between 2.2.0 and its
higher.

So, I'd like to propose that Tajo 0.9.1 abandons Hadoop 2.2.0
compatibility, and then we need to adopt newly added HDFS features.

How do you guys think about it?

Best regards,
Hyunsik