tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Jihoon Son <ghoon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Announcing Apache Tajo [Re: [DISCUSS] official announcement for our TLP]
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 13:26:44 GMT
Very happy to hear the great news!
Thanks Sally and Hyunsik for your efforts.
And, thanks to all guys! :)

Best Regards,
Jihoon Son

> [...]
> >> available enterprise-grade software, benefiting millions of users
> >> worldwide: thousands of software solutions are distributed under the
> Apache
> >> License; and the community actively participates in ASF mailing lists,
> >> mentoring initiatives, and ApacheCon, the Foundation's official user
> >> conference, trainings, and expo. The ASF is a US 501(c)(3) charitable
> >> organization, funded by individual donations and corporate sponsors
> >> including Budget Direct, Citrix, Cloudera, Comcast, Facebook, Google,
> >> Hortonworks, HP, Huawei, IBM, InMotion Hosting, Matt Mullenweg,
> Microsoft,
> >> Pivotal, Produban, WANdisco, and Yahoo. For more information, visit
> >> http://www.apache.org/ or follow @TheASF on Twitter.
> >>
> >> "Apache", "Apache Tajo", "Tajo", and "ApacheCon" are trademarks of The
> >> Apache Software Foundation. All other brands and trademarks are the
> >> property of their respective owners.
> >>
> >> # # #
> >>
> >> Contact:
> >> Sally Khudairi, Vice President
> >> The Apache Software Foundation
> >> +1 617 921 8656
> >> press@apache.org
> >>

> >>  ------------------------------
> >> *From:* Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>
> >> *To:* Hyunsik Choi <hyunsik@apache.org>
> >> *Cc:* "dev@tajo.apache.org" <dev@tajo.apache.org>; Sally Khudairi <
> >> sk@apache.org>; "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <
> chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov>;
> >> ASF Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>
> >> *Sent:* Friday, 28 March 2014, 12:05
> >> *Subject:* Re: Announcing Apache Tajo [Re: [DISCUSS] official
> >> announcement for our TLP]
> >>
> >> Thanks so much, Hyunsik.
> >>
> >> I've confirmed the subscription request and am standing by for your
> >> feedback at your convenience.
> >>
> >> Warm regards,
> >> Sally
> >>

> >>  ------------------------------
> >> *From:* Hyunsik Choi <hyunsik@apache.org>
> >> *To:* Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>
> >> *Cc:* "dev@tajo.apache.org" <dev@tajo.apache.org>; Sally Khudairi <
> >> sk@apache.org>; "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <
> chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov>;
> >> ASF Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>
> >> *Sent:* Friday, 28 March 2014, 12:03
> >> *Subject:* Re: Announcing Apache Tajo [Re: [DISCUSS] official
> >> announcement for our TLP]
> >>
> >> Hi Sally,
> >>
> >> I've added you to private mailing list.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Hyunsik Choi.
> >>

> >> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 12:17 PM, Sally Khudairi <
> sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>wrote:
> >>
> >> Thanks, Hyunsik.
> >>
> >> If you can please add <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com> to the "allow" list
> >> during the editing process, that would be great as I may be accessing my
> >> emails from my mobile as well.
> >>
> >> Kind regards,
> >> Sally
> >>

> >> [From the mobile; kindly excuse spelling/spacing/auto-correct anomalies]

Thank
Cc:
> >> "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov>, " >
> >> dev@tajo.apache.org" <dev@tajo.apache.org>, "ASF Marketing &
> Publicity" <
> >> official announcement for > our TLP] > Date: Wed, Mar 26, 2014 7:01 AM
> > >
> >> Hi Sally, > > Thank you for your kind response. I've added your email
> >> address to > dev@tajo.Your email will not be bounced anymore. > > Yes,
> >> I'll do this work with you. I'm very happy to announce Tajo graduation >
> >> with you via ASF. The timing you mentioned looks nice. However, I
> haven't >
> >> discussed it with team members yet. After we discuss the timing with
> team >
> >> members, I'll tell you our desired timing soon. > > Also, I'm expecting
> >> that there are necessary materials for writing. Feel > free to ask me
> >> something you need. > > Thanks in advance, > Hyunsik > > >
> > On Wed,
> Mar
> >> 26, 2014 at 7:15 PM, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote: > > >
Hi
> >> Hyunsik and Chris --can you please help? > > > > My email is bouncing:

> >> you are a subscriber, check to be > > sure you are sending from your
> >> subscribed address. (#5.7.2) > > > > Thanks, > > Sally >
> > >
> >> ------------------------------ > > *From:* Sally Khudairi <
> sk@apache.org>
> >> Publicity <press@apache.org> > > *Sent:* Wednesday, 26 March 2014,
> 6:08 >

> > > The
> >> process is that I work with the iPMC (at their request) to announce > >
> >> graduation from the Incubator. Some projects don't care/want to
> announce; >
> the
> >> PMC and an assigned point-person (I > > presume this would be you,
> Hyunsik)
> >> to draft the announcement. This is > > because you know more about the
> >> project (and what makes it great) far more > > than I do. Then we do a
> >> little Sally Editing Magic and end up with an > > announcement such as
> >>
> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces51
> >> Twitter > > feed. > > To that end, timing is important. If all our
ducks
> >> are in a > row, and > editing goes quickly, we can announce as early as
> >> Tuesday 1 > April. > > Please let me know your thoughts on this so
I can
> >> start > planning. Thanks > in advance for your help as well! > >
Cheers

To: "

> >> dev@tajo.apache.org" <dev@tajo.apache.org> > > Cc: Sally Khudairi
< >
> >> sk@apache.org> > > Sent: Tuesday, 25 March 2014, 22:39 > > Subject:
> Re: >
> >> [DISCUSS] official announcement for our TLP > > > > Hi Hyunsik,
> > > >

> >> Please contact sk@apache.org, Sally Khudairi, VP of Press > > and >
> >> Marketing at the ASF. CC'ing her here and Sally would be > > happy to
> help
> Chris >

> >> hyunsik@apache.org> > > Reply-To: "dev@tajo.apache.org" < >
> >> dev@tajo.apache.org> > > Date: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 10:26 PM >
>
> To: >
> >> tajo-dev <dev@tajo.incubator.apache.org
> >> Hi
> >> folks, > >> > >> We need to announce > officially our graduation
via
> Apache
> >> Software > >> Foundation. We can see > other projects' announcements
at

> http://blogs.apache.org/foundation/>
> >> <http://blogs.apache.org/foundation/> > > >> > >>
Also, I found how we
> >> publish official announcement via ASF at > > >>
> >> http://www.apache.org/press/. <http://www.apache.org/press/> <
> >> http://www.apache.org/press/> < > http://www.apache.org/press/>I'm
> going
If someone
> who
> >> has experiences, could > > you > > >> give me some advice?
If so, I'll
> very
> >> appreciate it. > >> > >> Best > regards, > >>
Hyunsik > > > > > > > > >

--
Jihoon Son

Database & Information Systems Group,
Prof. Yon Dohn Chung Lab.
Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering,
Korea University
1, 5-ga, Anam-dong, Seongbuk-gu,
Seoul, 136-713, Republic of Korea

Tel : +82-2-3290-3580