tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Jihoon Son <jihoon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 0.8.0 release and next roadmap
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 06:01:58 GMT
Hi Hyunsik,
I'm very glad that we can release the next version, soon.
Also, appreciate for the guideline of the next roadmap.

Addition to the aforementioned features, I have the two suggestions.
First is the support of CUBE operator (TAJO-259). Acutally, I started it
quite a long time ago, but it is delayed due to the lower priority than
other stability issues. But, since this operator is widely used in analytic
applications, we need to add this feature as soon as possible. So, in my
opinion, it would be good to add this feature to the next roadmap.

Second is the advanced query optimization. TAJO-266 is an issue for making
the query plan more flexible. After that, we can employ the plenty
optimization opportunities like described in TAJO-161.

How do you guys think about these issues?

Best Regards,
Jihoon