tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Alvin Henrick <share.c...@aol.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 0.8.0 release and next roadmap
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 13:37:52 GMT
Hi Hyunsik ,
                       I Apologize for the late reply.I am US / Dallas TimeZone.You will notice
some time differences in reply :).

                       I personally think Tajo is an amazing tool people would love to use
it but I would like to stress that we need to add couple of samples to the project showing
developers/business owners .How to use it effectively ?.

                       Add couple of small examples and add one examples which uses at least
2 to 4 GB of datafile and then run SQL Query on top of it. Kind of small benchmark application.

                       We also need to improve our documentation.The best way to get peoples
attention and sell the product to the masses.

                       Theres are few SQL on Hadoop product out there but most of the good
ones are not open source like Impala and HAWQ.

                       In future I think we should also introduce the concept of Smart Caching
based on Machine Learning (The data sets on which user query frequently must be cached for
faster access).

Thanks!
Warm Regards,
Alvin.