tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Hyunsik Choi <hyun...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HA of Tajo
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 07:05:20 GMT
Hi 小网客,

Thank you for your interests. We have a plan to support TajoMaster HA by Q2 this year. The
reason why we firstly support TajoMaster HA is that TajoMaster only has the single point of
failures (SPOF) in the Tajo architecture. QueryMaster is launched for each query. It's influence
on the system may be trivial.

If you intended mid-query fault tolerance, currently Tajo restarts failed tasks during query
processing. This approach is similar to that of MapReduce. But, its is incomplete in some
cases. We have a plan to finish that by April.

If you give more detailed questions, I can answer in more detail.

Regards,
Hyunsik Choi