tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Hyunsik Choi <hyun...@apache.org>
Subject [FYI] some remarkable features in hadoop 2.3.0
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 01:19:41 GMT
Hi folks,

As you already know, Hadoop 2.3.0 release. While I'm reading the changes, I
noted some new features that Tajo should consider.

Centralized cache management in HDFS
  - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-4949

Ealier, Min mentioned cached table. In offline, I discussed HDFS-4949 with
him. It may be a candidate feature for our goal.

Enable support for heterogeneous storages in HDFS - DN as a collection of
storages
 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-2832

It's for different storage medias like SSD and HDD.

Add a directbuffer Decompressor API to hadoop
  - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-10047

We already use compression/decompression in text file. We also should adopt
comp/decomp to other file formats. For that, HDFS-10047 may be a nice
candidate feature to be used.

- hyunsik