tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Hyunsik Choi <hyun...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 0.8 release preparation
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2014 05:05:22 GMT
I'm rescheduling non-critical issues scheduled in 0.8 to next release.

I'm considering the next release versions. So far, we have had long term
for each release. We released 0.2 seven months after incubation. We also
released 0.8 three months after 0.2 release. It is because Tajo has been
heavy under development status.

Tajo 0.8 seems a product ready level. I'm expecting that there would be
additional use cases on products. In order to support them, we need to
release Tajo more frequently with hotfixs.

So, I would like to propose the develpment based on two branches, which one
is 0.8.x branch and 1.0 branch (master branch in git). 0.8.x branch will be
frequently released with hotfixes and new lightwight features. 1.0 branch will
be developed for a complete system. It will embrace even radical changes
and new features. The next major release, probably 0.9, would be branched
from 1.0 branch.

If you have any idea, feel free to suggest.

- hyunsik