tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Hyunsik Choi <hyun...@apache.org>
Subject [Discussion] Tajo documentation
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 05:23:13 GMT
Hi folks,

I would like to discuss the choice of documentation tool. Currently, we
have used markdown and generated single page HTML document from the
markdown via maven-site-plugin.

I think that this approach has several problems as follows:
  * a single page is very inconvenience to edit documents. I should have
frequently scrolled a long page.
  * The generated html from markdown page does not support table of
contents. The table of contents in the current doc has been manually
written by hand.
  * It is hard to output multiple doc formats from single source.

According to the characteristics of our project, we should maintain lots of
documentations. I think that it is very important to choose the proper
documentation tool before too late.

I've found open source documentation tools for Tajo. I would like to
propose using sphinx (http://sphinx-doc.org) for our documentation tool. It
seems to meet our needs.

If you know other nice doc tools, feel free to suggest.

Best regards,
Hyunsik Choi