tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Hyunsik Choi <hyun...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] patch review process
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 07:12:29 GMT
Hi folks,

As the community and the number of contributors grow, more patches are
being submitted. We have faced the increasing burden of patch peer
review. So far,  we have mostly submitted patches to Jira and leaved
comments on the corresponding JIRA issue. This way is not bad, but its
productivity for review is not good.

In order to mitigate the burden of patch review, I propose that we
should use reviewboard for more significant than minor issues.
Reviewboard allows reviewers to directly add ideas and comments on the
diff or source code. In addition, Reviewboard enables reviews to view
the only difference between two patches. I think that they are really
nice features. I believe we will experience more efficient and
convenient review process if we use reviewboard more. I also think
that this rule should be strongly recommended rather than mandatory.

If you have any idea, feel free to suggest me. Also, I welcome just an
agreement expression about this idea.

- hyunsik