tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Einspanjer <deinspan...@gmail.com>
Subject GROUP BY CUBE implementation
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 22:58:29 GMT
I noticed that the code supports a syntax of CUBE although it isn't listed
in the syntax documentation, and there aren't any unit tests covering it.

It seems that the syntax is a bit different from what I'm used to (i.e. it
isn't "GROUP BY foo,bar WITH CUBE", but rather something like "GROUP BY
CUBE (foo,bar)".

When I try a SQL statement with that clause, I get an array out of bounds
when the rewriter tries to process the UNION that the CUBE created.

Is this just not completely implemented code, or am I maybe just not
invoking it correctly?

Any docs or spec or tests on how to invoke it if I'm wrong would be welcome.