tajo-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Request for Tajo wiki administration grant
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 17:31:29 GMT
Hi Hyunsik,

Thanks for your email.

Gotcha, yeah you should be the wiki admin for sure (and more people
that are active in the project). Do you have any volunteers or names?

I'm also happy to CC the mailing list on this so others can chime in.
I realize I've been really bogged down and haven't had time to be as
active a mentor as I would have liked.

The good news though is that people like you and the rest of the Tajo
community have continued to simply hit the ground running. You've made
releases, you've invited and added new contributors (PPMC members) to
the project. You've vetted and made software in the Apache way. I'm not
sure what the benefit of adding new mentors (who will eventually become
inactive b/c life happens ;) would be -- my honest recommendation is
to discuss graduation from the Incubator. I think you would make an
excellent
PMC chair (and thus you have my VOTE and suggestion).

Graduating from the Incubator will mean that you guys who are doing
the work will have binding VOTEs and can continue to develop Apache
Tajo and make it awesome in the ASF way. So, I'm recommending:

1. others chime in on this discuss thread over the next week or two
2. I'll post a VOTE on dev@tajo.i.a.o for graduating from the Incubator
(this is the community VOTE). If all goes well here;
3. I'll post a VOTE on general@i.a.o and let it run for a week and if
all goes well there;
4. We'll post the graduation resolution to the January 2014 board agenda
and get you guys graduated.

1-4 are predicated above on me making a graduation resolution. I'll throw
one up shortly for you guys to discuss and eventually VOTE on in #2.

Sound good?

Separately: please contact infra by filing an infra ticket to add you
and whomever else you believe should be a Wiki admin for Tajo. Also
feel free to send the INFRA ticket # back to the list so we can monitor
it.

Thanks and happy holidays!

Cheers,
Chris