tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Reisman <apache.mail...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] next roadmap
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2013 20:02:53 GMT
+1 for bumping Hadoop/YARN compatibility to Hadoop 2.2.x GA release, Giraph
recently made the same move. The Hadoop 2 alpha and beta lines changed the
API's too often and starting with Hadoop 2.2 those API's to interact with
YARN are guaranteed to stay stable long-term for the first time.

I think because of this (and the low adoption of YARN clusters during the
Hadoop 2-alpha and beta periods) most users with YARN clusters will move to
Hadoop 2.2 quickly.

This _does_ break backward compatibility with earlier Hadoop 2 lines to
some extent, which is something to consider, but again I think its worth it
since the new API will be stable and we can really build on it. The
abstractions in the new API also wrap/abstract away some potential errors
client applications can make when negotiating resources with a YARN cluster.

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM, Hyunsik Choi <hyunsik@apache.org> wrote:

> I've rearranged the your suggestions, and then I've updated the
> RoadMap page (https://wiki.apache.org/tajo/Roadmap).
> If you have any suggestions or any ideas, feel free to ask me or
> modify the wiki.
>
> Cheers,
> Hyunsik Choi
>
> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Hyunsik Choi <hyunsik@apache.org> wrote:
> > That's good. If you guys agree with this, we will plan that the next
> > version is 0.8.
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Jihoon Son <ghoonson@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> +1
> >>
> >> I agree with that.