tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Jihoon Son <ghoon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does Tajo support record updation for tables
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2013 07:58:04 GMT
Hi Tarun,
thanks for your interesting to Tajo.

As you know, HDFS doesn't support any updates for stored data.
Since Tajo uses HDFS as the default storage, Tajo currently doesn't support
record updates for existing tables.

However, we have a plan to support various types of storages including
RDBMSs such as PostgreSQL,
and thus we also consider supporting updates.

Thanks!
Jihoon

--
Jihoon Son

Database & Information Systems Group,
Prof. Yon Dohn Chung Lab.
Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering,
Korea University
1, 5-ga, Anam-dong, Seongbuk-gu,
Seoul, 136-713, Republic of Korea

Tel : +82-2-3290-3580