tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Hyunsik Choi <hyun...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] next roadmap
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 15:26:27 GMT
Many projects jump according to their maturities. For example, Giraph
has had two releases: 0.1 and 1.0, and Drill already released 1.0-M1
as the first release.

If we keep the current development progress, it is expected that we
can announce GA of Tajo in the early next year. So, the version jump
looks reasonable for me. Actually, Tajo has been developed since 2010.
In some aspects, 0.2 is too low.

However, this release was already fixed to 0.2. So, if other guys
agree, the next version could have higher version close to 1.0.

- hyunsik

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM, Jihoon Son <ghoonson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Keuntae
>
> You have a point, but I think that the version 0.2 is appropriate for the
> FIRST release.
> How about other guys?
>
> Jihoon
>
> 2013/10/23 ktpark <sirpkt@gmail.com>
>
>> I agree with you and I think current version number (0.2) is too low to
>> appeal the maturity of Tajo :)
>> How about raise the version number more for general availability?
>>
>> And, window functions will be greatly helpful in boosting Tajo usage in my
>> company.
>>
>> 2013. 10. 23., 오후 12:21, Jinho Kim <jinossy@gmail.com> 작성:
>>
>> > +1
>> >
>> > I agree with us and we need to bump up the version of hadoop 2.2.0 GA
>> >
>> > --Jinho
>> > Best regards

We