systemml-dev mailing list archives

From "Berthold Reinwald" <reinw...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop is not working in dev environment on windows [since 2.7.7 update]. Thanks.
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2019 05:49:46 GMT
Please take a look at our setup instructions for windows that we created a
while back for our KDD Tutorial. You may need to download a newer version
of winutils from https://github.com/steveloughran/winutils, and don't
forget to chmod the permissions.

The attached instructions are from 2017, so you need to adjust your
versions.

From:   Janardhan <janardhan.pulivarthi@gmail.com>
To:     Niketan Pansare <npansar@us.ibm.com>, dev@systemml.apache.org,
Matthias Boehm <mboehm7@gmail.com>
Date:   03/05/2019 07:54 PM
Subject:        Hadoop is not working in dev environment on windows [since
2.7.7 update]. Thanks.

Hi,

Since 2.7.7 update, my hadoop and winutils [prebuilt winutils.exe not
available] is not working because of file permissions.

As a workaround I have changed hadoop source locally to bypass the access
check.

But, is there any way one could run the tests without hadoop. spark-submit
is working fine for me.

Thanks,
Janardhan