systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Janardhan Pulivarthi <janardhan.pulivar...@gmail.com>
Subject GPU hardware support for SystemML bleeding edge.
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2018 15:56:39 GMT
Greetings,

What are the hardware(hw) configuration that SystemML (an opensource
project) needs to support?

i.e., do we have support for all of these?
 - Kepler
 - Maxwell
 - Pascal
 - Volta

Lets say,
1. we have tuned a kernel only for a specific hw configuration(eg. Maxwell)
with `asm()` code, can we integrate it into our project
2. And can we ignore this hw specific optimized kernel for other
incompatible hardware and simply use the present kernels.

@Niketan - If the answer for the 1 & 2 is yes, then we first tune for
maxwell and then we support others, case by case as they (openai) have done.

Thanks,
Janardhan