systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Boehm <mboe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can BITWISE_XOR be added. Thanks.
Date Mon, 01 Jan 2018 19:48:10 GMT
Hi Janardhan,

sure - adding such bitwise operations is a nice addition.

There is still an open task (SYSTEMML-1931) to generalize the existing NOT,
AND, OR, and XOR to matrix arguments which should be straightforward as is
seamlessly fits into the existing binary operator. In a separate task, we
could then also add the bitwise versions of these operators. I would
recommend to stick to R's builtin function names though, to avoid
unnecessary divergence.

bitwNot(a)
bitwAnd(a, b)
bitwOr(a, b)