systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Krishna Kalyan <krishnakaly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] GSoC 2018
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2018 08:41:23 GMT
Hello Matthias and Nakul,
4 more ideas that could be included.

[Perftest]
- Compare runtime System-ML to Julia, R, Sklearn, Spark MLLib based on data
gen scripts.
- Prepare report with all the information about failed jobs, performance
information, perf info against other comparable projects/algorithms
(plotted/in plain text in CSV, PDF or another common format)
- Create a simple web application (Shiny / Heroku that can display these
statistics)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYSTEMML-1451

[XGBoost]
It would be great to have XGBoost
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYSTEMML-978
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYSTEMML-822

[ADAM W]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYSTEMML-2018
fast ai library has this fix already implemented
https://github.com/fastai/fastai/pull/46

[Straggler PRs]
- Add unit test
- Improve documentation
- Add more notebooks and examples
- Complete all easy/medium pending PRs
- Functionalize all algorithms
https://github.com/apache/systemml/pull/200
https://github.com/apache/systemml/pull/589
https://github.com/apache/systemml/pull/613

If it looks good, then I can create/ add these issues with gsoc2018 label.

Regards,
Krishna