systemml-dev mailing list archives

From "Niketan Pansare" <npan...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: dev environment on windows
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2017 21:13:52 GMT

>> How to build systemml on windows, as there is a backslash problem.

Simplest option: Compile SystemML from command-line (assuming you have
installed maven: https://maven.apache.org/install.html)
cd <systemml directory>
mvn package
OR
mvn package -P distribution

This will help separate compilation and IDE issues. Can you please
elaborate on "the backslash problem" ?

>> When build systemml on intellij idea, it has the compilation error with
caffe2dml class.

Also, please note that Caffe2DML is a scala class. You may want to check
following two issues:
1. I have personally not tested the IntelliJ's scala integration, but as
per Dylan's email, it works fine for him. As per our pom, we recommend
Scala 2.11.
2. Java version issue pointed in the Berthold's email. As an FYI, I have
not reproduced this issue on my Scala IDE setup (http://scala-ide.org/).

If we are missing any step, we may want to update our IDE guide:
http://apache.github.io/systemml/developer-tools-systemml#import-systemml-project-to-intellij

Thanks,

Niketan Pansare
IBM Almaden Research Center