systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Janardhan Pulivarthi <janardhan.pulivar...@gmail.com>
Subject Regarding `enable remote hyperparameter tuning`[BLOCKER issue]. Thanks.
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2017 15:20:26 GMT
@niketan - I don't have a time preference, please give me any time (or)
date for meeting at your convenience. Thanks.

Hi Mike,

This issue [https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYSTEMML-1159] has been
marked as a blocker. I've gone through the reference paper you have
attached there.

In this paper, to my knowledge is stressing out on the point that
1. `random sampling` is better & is equivalent to expert trained or better
than `Grid search`.
2. They proved that with some `mnist` variants.

So, this random sampling can simulated by `Sobol Sequence generation`,
method that we are trying implement for Bayesian optimization case.

Conclusion: Niketan, Sasha and I trying to schedule a conversation, can you
please join us.

Thanks,
Janardhan