systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Boehm <mboe...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [QUESTION] XOR operations in SystemML. Thanks.
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 06:48:59 GMT
thanks Janardhan, in that case I would recommend to go with R syntax
because (1) it's actually one of our selling points that users don't have
to learn a new language, (2) it simplifies the porting of R scripts to DML
(and vice versa), and (3) I would think it's rather uncommon to have long
chains of xor operations.

Btw, a nice follow-up task - in case you're interested - would be to
generalize our AND, OR, NOT, (and XOR) operations to matrices, because
these are currently only supported over scalars. It would get you in touch
with the parser validation, compilation, and runtime of rather simple
operations.

Regards,
Matthias