systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Janardhan Pulivarthi <janardhan.pulivar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory estimates equal to zero
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2017 13:22:17 GMT
Hi Nantia,

Yes, even the negative estimates happened sometimes, as follows (although,
this was fixed) :
```

DEBUG opt.Optimizer: --- RULEBASED OPTIMIZER -------
DEBUG opt.Optimizer: RULEBASED OPT: Optimize w/
max_mem=12743MB/525MB/525MB, max_k=16/144/144).
WARN opt.CostEstimator: Cannot get memory estimate for hop
(op=BIAS_ADD, name=4_out, memest=-1.238822E7).
WARN opt.CostEstimator: Cannot get memory estimate for hop
(op=DIRECT_CONV2D, name=4_out, memest=-7612708.0).

WARN opt.CostEstimator: Cannot get memory estimate for hop (op=BIAS_ADD,
name=5_out, memest=-3096956.0).
```
As far as I believe, Some possible causes might be:
1. unspecified degree of parallelism and/or execution type (in your case it
is CP)
2. Due to the offsetting of the worstcase estimates and optimized estimates.

If you need additional help, you might want to provide additional details:
1. dml function used
2. and its configuration

Thanks,
Janardhan