systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Deron Eriksson <deroneriks...@gmail.com>
Subject Copyright question regarding R4ML/SystemML
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2017 17:18:10 GMT
Hi Luciano and Henry,

Currently there is a discussion regarding possibly integrating code from
the R4ML project (https://github.com/SparkTC/r4ml) into SystemML. R4ML is
an Apache-licensed open-source project and IBM owns the copyright (
https://github.com/SparkTC/r4ml/blob/master/R4ML/R/R4ML.R). Looking at the
commit logs, I believe all contributors to R4ML are also IBM employees at
the time of their contributions (someone please correct me if I am wrong).

If the R4ML code is integrated into SystemML, what is the ASF procedure for
transferring the copyrights from IBM to ASF? Is any formal paperwork
needed? Would the IBM copyright notice lines simply be removed from all
relevant files?

Thanks
Deron